Employment and Business

Service Canada Centres and settlement agencies provide information and services for people looking for work at no cost. They may also offer various employment search and career exploration assistance.

Visit the following websites for information and resources:

Service Canada www.servicecanada.gc.ca
Job Bank www.jobbank.gc.ca
Services for Newcomers www.cic.gc.ca/new

Key sources of information on working in Canada:

There are many useful starting points for information and support when you begin your search for a job in Canada.

  • Job Bank (www.jobbank.gc.ca) is the Government of Canada’s source for jobs and labour market information. On the site, you can explore free occupational and career information such as job opportunities, educational requirements, job descriptions and duties, wage and salary information, current employment trends, and outlooks. The information provided can help you search for work, make career decisions, and much more.
  • Service Canada (www.servicecanada.gc.ca) provides you access to the programs, services, and benefits from the Government of Canada and its many partners – online, by phone, and in person. Services that you can access via Service Canada include Social Insurance Number (SIN), passports, employment insurance, Canada Pension Plan, and more.
  • Immigrant-serving organizations can guide you in all aspects of searching for employment in Canada and help you with any step in the process. You can find addresses and contact information for immigrant-serving organizations across Canada at canada.ca/newcomerservices

Foreign credential recognition:

Foreign qualifications may need to be assessed in order for you to work in regulated professions. You may have to write an examination or work as a trainee to qualify. For more information: 

Credentials Assessment


The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials


Find out more about how to get your credentials assessed.

Start you own business

You can learn more about starting a business or make an investment in Canada by contacting an immigrant-serving organization near you or by visiting the following websites:

Find out about immigration programs for investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed persons.

You may need financial assistance to start a business. Through the Canada Small Business Financing Program, the federal government makes it easier for small businesses to get loans from financial institutions. For more information, visit www.ic.gc.ca or call 1-866-959-1699.

Upcoming Events

Seminar Room, School Gym St. Mary’s Parish, 5239 Joyce St. Vancouver, BC V5R 4G8 (Close to Joyce Skyway Station), Vancouver, BC V5R 4G8

CCM, Crystal Mall, 4533 Kingsborough St., , Burnaby

2969 East 22nd Ave. , Vancouver

2969 E 22nd Ave, Vancouver, BC V5M 2Y3, Vancouver

5838 Fraser Street, Vancouver
Food Skills for Families - Cooking in Canada (Abbotsford Community Services)

2420 Montrose Avenue, Abbotsford
Refugee figures at a glance

As of 2014, around the world there are 19.5 million refugees of concern to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). Most of these refugees are in Asian and in Africa.

Photo Gallery

Images of CANN services provided to new immigrants, including government-assisted and privately-sponsored refugees, at Vancouver International Airport.

Please give us your feedback

Your opinion is very important to us. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to evaluate the service we provide.


funded by cic service provider: success


P.O. Box 32373, YVR Domestic Terminal R.P.O.
(3880 Grant McConachie Way)
Richmond V7B 1W2 Canada
Phone: 604-270-0077
Fax: 604-279-0091

Hours of operation:

Office: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday, except statutory holiday
Kiosk: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm, Monday - Sunday, except statutory holiday

*Closing time may vary and is based on arrival trends